Eating My Way Across Disney
28 March 2009
Back in the middle of January, the whole family (with my parents) took a vacation to Disney World in Florida. We spent a week there, had a great time, and we ate very well.
We went back to EPCOT for dinner a couple times, so we needed the park-hopper tickets to allow us to switch parks at dinner time.
Here are some of the restaurants we visited in order of my preference:
- Lunch at Tusker House (Animal Kingdom/Africa) -- buffet with a wide variety regional dishes to try. (I remember this being very veggie friendly.)
- Dinner at Marrakesh (EPCOT/Morocco) -- beautiful restaurant with interesting Moroccan food I've not had previously -- we split the expensive "feast" sampler and an appetizer, so we could try lots of different things. While I may not really like Moroccan food, it was an awesome experience.
- Lunch at the quick burrito/taco place, La Cantina, in EPCOT/Mexico.
- Le Cellier Steakhouse (EPCOT/Canada) had excellent food and beer. I had the Trois di Pistoles from Canada's own Unibroue brewery.
- Pooh character breakfast (buffet) at Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom.
- For Italian, Mama Melrose in Hollywood Studios was better than Tony's in Magic Kingdom.
- Norway's restaurant with the princess was only OK. The authentic Norwegian dish amounts to a meat loaf, and the appetizer buffet wasn't very extensive.
I also drank my way half way around the world, but I sort of ran out of time on that endeavor.
My parents made all the dinner reservations, some 2 months in advance (Le Cellier) and some 9 hours: (407) WDWDINE takes care of all that.
The photos are in the gallery, and it's not just food.
Filed Under: Family