23 April 2004
Now that I have topic-based RSS feeds and I could publish to java.blogs, it feels like I'm done coding for the blog -- time to just burn out for a while.
I'm almost wrong, though. I have plenty that could still be done:
- Clean out old finders now that I've switched to an
ArticleRequest search object to encapsulate all the filtering parameters.
- Implement a DAO method to select articles by
ArticleRequest, instead of filtering it through Java code.
- Preview comments before posting. Selectable HTML formatting for comments.
- User/password management.
- Multiple-author support. I eliminated most the code that supported having more than one login, since it complicated the entire system before I clarified some things.
- Data-driven links.
- Smarter login behavior for remembering your location, instead of always sending you back to the article list page.
- Topic management.
- Apply struts validation where possible.
I basically want to start making the whole system more generic so it may be suitable for public release and re-use someday.
Filed Under: Blog-Code