04 January 2018
Today, I’m knocking something off the TODO list: Ensuring a way to have local, non-shared shell initialization across workstations, while still sharing most the code.
24 April 2017
I have MacVim installed by Homebrew, but MacVim still pops up sometimes to suggest an update, and
brew updates it as well. After a year or 2 of this, my "Open with…" menu was littered with about 7 different versions of MacVim dating back to version 7.4.
I figured I’d try to uninstall it,
brew uninstall macvim, and see how many version I’m left. The simple uninstall confirmed that quite a few versions of MacVim were installed, and suggested the
--force option to remove them all, so I did. That left
mvim no longer working in the shell, and fortunately, all the MacVims had disappeared from the "Open with…" menu as well.
Reinstalling it with
brew install macvim leaves me nicely with only one MacVim now. I’ll have to see if they multiply again, but now I’ll have this note to myself on how to fix it.