Oh The Tangled Logs We Weave

My install of Blojsom seems to have its own copy of log4j and properties. I never recognized previously that all my logs from Blojsom were double-wrapped. Blojsom spit them out to STDOUT, and JBoss routed STDOUT to server.log.

This would definitely qualify as an unnecessary overhead on an already limited server. I removed Blojsom's log4j jar and properties, and configured JBoss to limit Blojsom messages to INFO, so that should be a bit simpler.

While I dug around in there, I also removed Blojsom's CompressionFilter from the web.xml, and cut the OSCache down to 100 objects, since there's not really many weblogs on the server. I already have the Apache proxy doing compression.

Filed Under: Java Web-Dev Computers